Friday, October 19, 2012

Birthday

My birthday is in less than 2 weeks and C told me that I needed to make a decision.  He said that I could either have a gift, or we could do something.  But it's up to me to decide what I'd like to do and I for some reason can't.

Do you do the thing where you won't buy things for yourself but you'll allow them for your birthday or Christmas?  Like right now I want some boots.  I always want boots in the fall.  But I think that spending money on boots that, let's be honest, I won't wear that much anyway is kind of frivolous so I won't actually buy them for myself.

But my birthday??  Perfect excuse to spend $50 on some boots!

But then again, there's something to be said for a night out with my hubby.  C & I kind of got thrust into this life.  I would absolutely not change a single thing but it all happened so quickly.  It's so important for us to take some time for ourselves, to remember why we're in this.  That it's more than kids and jobs and obligations.  We chose this.

I think it's easy to get bogged down in every day life.  To focus on what the kids need or getting dinner on the table or to focus on some problem or project at work.  And those things need to happen, absolutely.  But every once in a while, its nice to get dressed up, to compliment each other, to walk hand in hand with no strollers in the way and to spend some time together.

Well, this post didn't end up where I thought it would.  I still don't know what to do for my birthday but I know C will make it a great day no matter what I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment