Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 24

Originally written 2/02

Whoops!  Late entry this week, though you won't see it for approximately 5-6 more weeks anyway with the way I update.

We had another ultrasound last week to follow up from the last one.  I don't recall if I wrote about it but basically there is a small spot on the heart, called an EIF, which can be an indicator for a genetic issue.  BUT, it has to be in combination with something else (like shortened bones or some thing at the base of the skull) and they looked for all those things but didn't see them.  Unfortunately, our little peanut wasn't cooperating the first time and they couldn't see the lip/mouth so the only thing they couldn't eliminate was a cleft lip or palate.

So back we went.  The EIF is still present but the lip/mouth is fine.  However, given some family history with heart problems, the doctor suggested we see a pedeatric cardiologist just to be extra sure there isn't anything going on.  I see my OB tomorrow and we'll make a decision then.

How far along?:  24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  I'll know for sure tomorrow but I'm guessing a max of 12lbs.
The Bump: Loud & proud.  There's no denying I'm pregnant.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  From here on out there's almost nothing to look forward to except finally meeting our baby!
Maternity Clothes:  Pants full time, shirts not so much. 
Symptoms:  Heartburn and fatigue.  Pretty norm for the course.
Belly Button in or out?:  In.
Food Cravings/Aversions:   Sweets!  So much so that I asked my doctor if I was going to give myself diabetes.  She said you either have it or you don't and I can't really do anything about it.
What I miss:  Sleeping comfortably.
Milestones:  We've officially got a girl and I think we decided on a name!  I'm not sharing yet though, but we both like it!

1 comment:

  1. The thing at the base of the neck is the nucal fold (a sac of fluid). They measure it, and if it's not within a certain range, it's another "indicator" of a genetic defect.

    ReplyDelete