Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 23

Originally written 1/23:

I've been back to work for a week and it's been fine.  My boss has referred to my pregnant state as my "issue", referring to the fact that I have an end date that can not be moved.  I'm working til this baby comes and that's it.

We have another U/S this week and I'm hoping we'll finally get a firm call on the gender.  It's not that I care what gender the baby actually is, I just want to know so I can get planning!  I need to know whether to get all Addy's clothes back or start looking for boy clothes.

We have our boy name picked (we have for about 3.5 years) but we're trying to decide on a girl name in case we need it.  We've narrowed it down to 2, barring any other names that come to us.  I'm not going to share yet, but maybe when we get closer.

How far along?:  23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  My home scale has me finally breaking into the 140s (I say finally like it was a goal or something).  The doc's office seems to weigh lighter which means less than a 10lb gain so far.
The Bump:  Loud and proud.  No mystery about what's going on there.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  U/S this week!
Maternity Clothes:  Pants are a given but I wore a maternity sweater to work today.  Clothes that fit (that aren't maternity) are getting harder and harder to come by.
Symptoms: Heartburn almost every night, ugh!  And the usual issues with sleep.
Belly Button in or out?:  In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: EVERYTHING sounds good.  Sweets (either sour or chocolate), pizza, buffalo chicken anything, etc.
What I miss:  Sleeping through the night...
Milestones:  I don't know if another U/S is a milestone, but I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment