Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 21

Originally written 1/09:

One more week of SAHM and then it's back to work for me!  At least next week will be a 4-day week so I can ease back into working full time.  I'm so tired when I wake up in the morning I don't know how I'll get back into the routine of getting up early every morning again.

This job is just a contract position where I'm employed basically until I go into labor and then I'm unemployed/on maternity leave.  When C & I first started talking about this, we both wanted me to find full time, non-contract employment to have some security.

Now that I've been thinking about it, this isn't the worst set up.  Once the baby comes, I'm back to staying home.  C & I can have all summer to stay home together with Addy and the baby before he goes back to school and I (hopefully) find a new job.  I mean, who knows how long it will take me to find work after the baby but it's nice to think that we could both be home together this time.  We also have a wedding in mid-July in California and it'd be nice not to worry about having to take extra time off for traveling.

Some confusion with the baby is that I have absolutely no idea what the gender is.  Even though the U/S tech said 75% sure it's a girl, the doctor said she thinks that means she didn't really know.  And every single appointment I have, the heartrate drops.  172 to 156 to 144 to 137bmp.  I'm hopeful that we'll get a firm answer in 2.5 weeks when I go back for another U/S.

How far along?:  21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Last week at the doctor I weighed in at 134.8 which means a gain of 6.5 lbs total
The Bump:  It seems HUGE for only 21 weeks but the doctor said it's nothing. 
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  Another U/S in 2 weeks!
Maternity Clothes:  All the time.
Symptoms: Not much to speak of.  Just tired.
Belly Button in or out?:  In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Anything mexican.  Pizza has been sounding REALLY good lately too.
What I miss:  Being able to keep up with Addy
Milestones:  I don't think 21 weeks is a milestone...

No comments:

Post a Comment