Monday, May 7, 2012

36 Weeks

Originally written 4/23:

Holy crap, 36 weeks?!  Its taken forever to get here but also gone by so fast.  Our lives are never still so its no surprise that the past 36 weeks are kind of a blur.

After this week, she can come any time she wants to.  The earlier she comes, the more time I get with her before returning to work so you can believe that I'm almost ready to force her out.  Of course, I would never do anything unsafe and will probably never ask the doctor to induce.  She'll come when she's ready, I just hope it's early.

We had a productive weekend which I'm happy about.  When you get those things crossed off your list, you feel like you can relax.  We moved our "office" corner up to the guest room and set up "Baby Central" in the family room for when we're downstairs.  Now we have a pack n play and a swing in our family room.  C also hung up some art for me so the nursery has the prints up and he put up the other wedding shadowbox in the stairwell.

I also managed to get some freezer meals done and put away.  Our grocery bill was a little high this week but it will be worth it in the end if we're not eating out all the time.  We don't have many, but I'm hoping each weekend we can put together another 2-3 to build up a stockpile.  I should really be cooking extra dinner but things I typically make don't freeze so well.  I will say that making bagged crockpot meals and freezing them is SO much easier because there's no cooking involved.

Addy has been playing with pretend Baby Sister more and more.  She pretended to change her diaper and read her a story yesterday and it was SUPER cute.  I am optimistic that the transition won't be too difficult.

I got the car seat all cleaned up so that's off the list so all that's left to do is: pack bags, buy Addy a Big Sister present, buy some NB size diapers and set up a changing station in our bedroom for the first little bit.  That's not much!

How far along?:  36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  I don't know what's going on but I was up AGAIN at the doctor's office.  I thought I'd hold steady since I was eating less salt so hopefully retaining less water, but I gained another 3lbs bringing me up to +28lbs.  I'm not thinking about it (much) and I'm ignoring any signs of a double-chin.  So there.
The Bump:  One thing I don't think I've ever mentioned (bragged about) is that I have ZERO stretch marks!  Hoping to keep it that way for the short time we have left!
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  Just having her.
Maternity Clothes:  Bought a few cheap maxi dresses and some capris for post-baby until I drop some of the weight.  They'll be good for summer.
Symptoms: I had incredible heartburn last week that is ok now.  That's the worst one by far.
Belly Button in or out?:  In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Other than sweets, nothing to mention..
What I miss:  Sleeping through the night.  I'm not using the bathroom much but I wake up every few hours to roll over.  Oh, and I'm getting crazy hot at night too now.
Milestones:  We've entered the last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment