Monday, May 28, 2012

39 Weeks

Note: Reese was born 5/21 and is now one week old, but I couldn't resist finishing out the series!

Originally written 5/14:

To be honest, I never really thought I'd make it here.  I mean, I did in the beginning but the closer we got, the earlier I thought I would go.  I know that babies come when they want and she's got her reasons for being in there still, but I really hoped that I'd be able to say I had a baby by now!

Mother's Day was low key but C tried hard to make it a nice day for me.  He made me breakfast, and a really tasty dessert after dinner and wrote me a sweet card.  Other than that it was a pretty normal Sunday.

I'm a sucker and I'm still working but only for 2 more days.  I figured it was better than sitting around at home wondering when she'd decide to come out.  Of course, I have projects I could be working on.  I planned out my week so of course she'll come soon.  Addy did the same thing.  I thought I'd have all this time to do things so I spaced them out so I wouldn't over-do it and then I got 2 whole days.

I bought some wood to make growth charts (they'll look like this, but not nearly that good).  I bought paint for them and some decals to stick on and I'm hoping that it won't be too hard to do.

The hospital bag is packed and the car seat is all the way back together!  I think C is nervous that he'll be in class when it happens and he won't be able to get home right away but I think it will be ok.  I really hope its similar to Addy where it started at 3:30am and he stayed home with me for the day.

Hopfully this is the last one!

How far along?: 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Blargh, officially passed the 30lb mark but just barely!  I go on Wednesday and we'll see where I'm at then. 
The Bump:  It sure makes it hard to do normal things like putting lotion on my legs.  BUT, it has definitely dropped!
What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Just seeing her!
Maternity Clothes:  I actually wore a dress to work today (it's a big deal).  I also bought one pair of shorts & one pair of capris to wear this week, assuming I have time to wear them.
Symptoms: Even the heartburn hasn't been too bad!  Swollen for sure thoug.
Belly Button in or out?: In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing.  Seriously, there are things I like to eat but nothing that I simply HAVE TO HAVE.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably still.  I got a new pillow and that helps but I wake up with a sore back and hips most of the time.
Milestones:  Any time now - LITERALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment