Monday, May 21, 2012

38 Weeks

Originally written 5/07:

How did we get to 38 weeks?  Seems so crazy.  I have one week of working left (give or take) and I ended up staying home today.  I caught a cold last week and we did too much this weekend and I am seriously worn out.  So even though the clock is ticking, for me its more important at this point to rest when I need it.

Having said that, I'm going to do some things today that I've been putting off.  Like, I need to buy a Big Sister present for Addy from Baby Sister that we'll take to the hospital with us.  I ordered a nursing gown/robe set today to take to the hospital.  I want to pack the hospital bag too since that needs to be done.

I have zero signs that we're close at all (no bloody show, no mucus plug, I don't even think she's dropped) but I'm still hopeful that she'll come early.  As of next week when work is done it's really just a waiting game.

How far along?: 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Last week's appointment was NO gain!  Yay!  However, after that I swelled up so bad and I don't know why.  Water retention is a serious issue now that we're in the end.  I have another appt. this week and I'll mention it because I was pre-ecclamptic last time and this could be a sign though my BP has been spot on this entire pregnancy.
The Bump:  Sometimes I forget just how big the bump is.  It's hard to do almost anything including just bending over.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Just seeing her!
Maternity Clothes:  Sorted through them since I won't be needing many work clothes after this week.  After this week I plan to live in t-shirts and capri pants.
Symptoms: Pretty much just heartburn.  It was horrible again yesterday.
Belly Button in or out?: In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: I don't seem to have either, in fact I would take a craving right now.  I'm having issues coming up with dinner ideas for the week.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably.  I'm so tired but I don't feel like I'm actually getting that much rest.
Milestones:  Any time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment