Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dear Reese

Dear Reese,

You turned 3 months old yesterday!  We've had a lot of change and you actually have been doing pretty well with everything we've thrown at you lately.  One thing you'll learn about our family is that we can't seem to sit still for long but maybe that's not a bad thing.

You've been home with Dad for a few weeks now while I returned to work.  It wasn't too hard of an adjustment because you got to stay home and I felt better knowing you were in your own home, with Dad.  You did fuss a little when taking the bottle at first but I like to think that it's only because you missed me :-)

This week we had to start you in daycare because the school year is starting and Dad needs to get ready.  We found a nice lady with a nice home and what seems to be a great program for when you're older and I think she's doing a pretty good job with you.  In only 2 days you're already eating and napping like a champ so I'm not too worried about you during the day.

You've been having some stomach issues lately and giving Dad & I a run for our money when it comes to bedtime.  I think you're gassy a lot but I can't figure out why.  I don't know if I'm eating something that's bothering you or if you've just got a sensitive tummy.  I'm hoping that now that we've hit the 3-month mark that things will start to smooth out.  It would be better for all of us.

Dad and I are also wondering if you're teething early because all you want to do is suck (feed) or chew on something.  You quiet down when you get a finger or pacifier in your month.  It would be super early but not unheard of I suppose.

You are so much fun lately, you have HUGE smiles when you're happy!  You've started making little squeaks when you smile like you're talking to me and I love to sit and smile and coo back to you. 

I should mention that you are also already rolling over, about a month early.  You can go both from stomach to back and back to stomach, but you go more back to stomach.  You certainly keep Dad & I on our toes!

I'm excited to see what the next few months bring us.  I love you little girl!

Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Aww, hope your baby feels better! Maybe a food aversion if you're breastfeeding? Hope he gets over whatever it is. :(

    ReplyDelete