Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Totally random and quick, but I made this for dinner last night and it was good!  C even went back for seconds, which is semi-rare for him.

Some alterations I made included, adding garlic and mushrooms and diced tomatoes to the sauce mixture so it would be more chunky and sauteeing the peppers right with the rest of the stuff.  Oh, and I used ground turkey in an effort to be healthy.  I also added a few spices since the recipe really didn't call for any like Italian spice and garlic powder.

It ended up kind of juicy, so next time I'll be sure to drain the canned tomatoes first and also drain the cooking juices before adding everything else.

Oh, and I think cost-wise it clocks in around $6-7 depending on what you have on hand and what you choose to add.  If you grew the zucchini and chose to omit mushrooms it'd be very affordable.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment