Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Here's the Thing

I never should have told anyone that we were even thinking about getting pregnant.  I feel like everyone is watching me and waiting for us to make an announcement.

And to be honest, it takes some of the thrill out of it then.  Because when it happens and it's finally time to tell people, I'm going to hear "Yeah, I thought you were" a lot.  I mean, I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure that's how it's going to go.

I feel like I'm under more scrutiny now, like people are watching to see if I'm eating or extra tired or gaining weight.  I also feel like when I'm pregnant, I'll want to keep it to myself a bit and savor it and maybe I won't be able to because someone will have figured the whole thing out.

It's this fine line between wanting to share news (we want to get pregnant!) and wanting to enjoy it for a while.

And the real question is, should I even care?  Who cares if someone figures it out, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter.  It doesn't make me any less excited.

But I still think I should have kept my stupid mouth shut.

2 comments:

  1. We wanted to wait until 20 weeks with Nora. But I think an unfounded rumor started by Mary set it all off. Mel told your mom that she knew we are pregnant before your mom did, stop when we told het she wasn't surprised. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. *So when we told her she wasn't* stupid auto correct...

    ReplyDelete