Thursday, December 15, 2011

Week 11

Originally written 10/31:

I finally got to see the doctor and hear the little peanut's heartbeat for the first time!  I totally teared up at hearing that little sound.  It's just so reassuring to hear it and know they're doing ok in there.  

The dr started messing with me and said, "It's a girl!" but then admitted that there was NO possible way to know that at this point.  When the baby is so little, so early on, the heart is working much harder than later on in the pregnancy.  Plus, you never know what the peanut is doing in there, maybe backflips or punching my uterine walls or something.  I will record the bpm from each appointment though, just to see if there's truly a correlation (for me).

10 weeks BPM: 174

Other than that, I spent the weekend alternating between feeling pretty good and feeling down right yucky.  Apparently this pregnancy/baby doesn't care that it was my birthday.  I got a lot of sleep though and some good food so I can't complain too much.

How far along?:  11 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  All that worrying for nothing.  Up a grand total of 1 lb.
The Bump:  Still there, still fitting in most clothes.  Just becoming more obvious.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  2nd trimester energy surge!  We'll see, mostly just looking forward to not wanting to throw up most of the time.
Maternity Clothes:  Nope, but I did buy a size larger sweater over the weekend.  There should be some good sales soon plus I found out there's a maternity consignment shop in the cities so I'll probably visit there.
Symptoms: No change from last week, still tired, still fighting nausea.
Belly Button in or out?:  In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Soup & sandwiches are always good.  Oh, and I love sweets but they almost backfired on me today.  Too much sugar had me feeling like I was going to pass out.  I had Chipolte over the weekend and it was pretty good!
What I miss:  Having energy and not feeling ill.
Milestones:  Heard that wonderful heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment