Monday, April 2, 2012

29 Weeks!

Originally written 03/05:

Lots happening lately, it seems, but not all of it pregnancy related.  Though, when you're pregnant, isn't everything pregnancy related?

I've been feeling so tired lately and I attributed it to being pregnant (duh) and having an almost 3-year-old to run after.  Not that I've been doing much running, but I'm still trying my best to continue activities with her and around the house (laundry, etc.).  I found out on Saturday that I actually have low iron, called anemia, which is fairly common during your 2nd & 3rd trimesters due to the baby stealing all your iron and your body making more blood.  I'm actually not THAT low (11.4 vs. 12.0) but I suppose it's enough.

What's odd is that my pre-natals give me 150% of the iron I'm supposed to take daily plus I have iron rich foods (red meat, green leafy veggies, tofu, etc.) fairly often.  C crams the tofu and kale into me at least once a week.  So I don't really know what else I can do except take an iron supplement too I guess.  I did read that I am doing some things incorrectly, like drinking caffeine right after I eat my iron-rich morning cereal and taking a calcium supplement (Tums) at the same time as my pre-natals.  Both of those things will actually hinder your body's absorption of iron, it turns out.

I find out today if I failed my 1-hour glucose test and I'm just praying that I didn't.  For some reason, I'm so worried about having gestational diabetes and I don't even know why.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal and it'd only be for 10 more weeks or so. 

How far along?:  29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  Up 18 lbs which, according to my weekly e-mail, is actually under where I'm "supposed" to be.  Looks like I'm on track to gain about 25 total, but who knows.
The Bump:  Out front and growing.  The last couple days she's been up in my rib cage which isn't the greatest.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  Even though it's not for the best reason, next week we see the neonatalogist and I'll take any chance I can get to see our little girl!
Maternity Clothes:  This is kind of a silly category since I'm 29 weeks.  I mean, what else would I be wearing?
Symptoms: Fatigue, extreme thirst, some heartburn, the usual.
Belly Button in or out?:  In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: I don't think that I've ever mentioned how much I LOVE cereal during this pregnancy.  If I need a snack, 4 time out of 5 I'll grab a bowl of cereal.  Mmmmm.
What I miss:  Sleeping through the night, being able to perform regular tasks without issues.
Milestones:  3 more weeks and we hit 32, which will mean after that point we should have a great chance should anything happen.  Really though, I don't see any issues and I see us going all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment