Monday, April 9, 2012

30 Weeks

Originally written 3/12:

Wow, hard to believe that we only have 10 weeks to go from here.  It's so close and still so far away.  We still have a lot to do, least of which is paint her room so C better get on that!

I traveled over the weekend and I am b.e.a.t!  I attended a wedding and it was great to see all my friends and I did a little dancing but this baby bump wasn't made for shaking.  I think the time change combined with the quick weekend trip pretty much wore me out.

We see the perinatoligist this week and get to see our peanut again!  I'm really hoping that they'll take a quick detour down to her nether-regions just to confirm again that she is a she and I'm hoping that we might get a 3-D look at her as well!  I think I've said this before, but I'm really not worried about her heart.  My doctor doesn't seem concerned so I've chosen to take my lead from her.  Besides, the u/s didn't see anything serious (either time) so I'm not sure what could be there that wasn't seen.

My biggest stressor right now is the job thing and how finding a new job will work with maternity leave and all that.  I had a second interview today so we talked about logistics and they would only give me 6 weeks which is going back a lot earlier that I had wanted to.  I wanted more like 10.  We'll see what works out.

Lastly, I do NOT have diabetes (YAY!) and I'm apparently not really anemic (the results were for a non-pregnant woman and completely normal for a pregnant one) so I'm happy about all that.  I've stopped taking my tums (extra calcium) at the same time as my pre-natals to let more iron absorb though and it seems to be helping.


How far along?:  30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Last doctor's appt was 18 lbs.  I'm guessing it's 20 after this weekend...
The Bump: OMG, it felt huge all weekend.  And yet, sometimes I forget it's there til I look down.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  Seeing her again on the big screen and hearing that everything is ok.
Maternity Clothes:  After a certain point, this question is pointless.  Yes, I'm wearing them.  All. the. time.
Symptoms:  Tired, a wee bit of cramping (probably just my uterus ligaments complaining) after strenuous activities, like dancing.
Belly Button in or out?:  In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  I don't have diabetes so I'm not even watching it anymore.  I love a good sweet!
What I miss:  Well, the truth is that I missed drinking at the wedding.  I had 1/3 of a glass of red wine and it was delicious!
Milestones:  Nothing much, but in 2 weeks we'll be at a really good point should anything go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment