Originally written 4/10:
It is absolutely nuts to think that we only have 6 weeks (or so) to go! We're ready, but there's still so much to do.
We need to:
- Finish decorating the nursery (even though she won't be sleeping there for the first 3 months or so)
- Pack the hospital bag
- Wash the car seat linens (fabrics? cover? You know.)
- Install the car seat bases
- Wash the other linens (like the 3,000 blankets we have)
- Buy Addy's Big Sister present from the baby
- Pack Addy's overnight bag (I assume she'll be staying with relatives for one night at least)
- Buy a changing table pad
- I want a nightgown for the hospital so I can get out of that hospital gown this time
- Make freezer meals
- Pre-register at the hospital
- Buy NB size diapers (just a pack or 2, I have Size 1 at home already)
And I'm sure there's more. BUT, the important thing is that whatever happens, we have the bassinet and car seat and clothes so we're ready in those regards. The rest can be done after, if we absolutely had to, like if we were surprised.
How far along?: 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: After the shock last time, I'm pretty sure I'm holding steady at 25lbs. I tried not to eat too many Easter sweets and have been drinking lots of water to help flush out any salt. My "cankles" are much better lately too.
The Bump: She is ALL up in my ribs. Once I'm not working any longer, I won't wear bras anymore. They are SO uncomfortable. I wore a nursing bra today, which seems to be better.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Meeting her finally!
Maternity Clothes: Yes. I don't know what else to say here.
Symptoms: Tired, more cramping lately. I told C that if I didn't know better there are times I would swear I'm about to get my period.
Belly Button in or out?: In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: I am not really craving anything lately. I wanted a DQ cone last night but that was more for heartburn than anything else.
What I miss: I miss simple tasks not being strenuous. Like rolling over in bed or getting off the couch.
Milestones: I don't think there's much to say about 34 weeks. We'll talk at 36 weeks...