Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Class

For reasons I'm not going to get in to right now, starting next week I'll be taking a night class at the U of MN and I. am. NERVOUS.

It's been a really long time since I've been in school/class and I'm worried that I'll be the only person older than 30 there, that I wont' be able to keep up, that no one will want to study with me, that it will be too much, etc.

The timing's not great with me trying to get all pregnant, but I found the class and talked to C and decided to go for it.  It's going to be hard on our little family with me being gone 2 nights a week and C having to pick up the slack.

It means that I'll miss family dinners and putting Addy down with stories and kisses and who knows how much more of my time will be eaten up with studying.  I have no idea what to expect but there are also benefits.

I plan to ask for a raise when it's done.  I will become more marketable for jobs.  It will be done.

I'm nervous as hell but I also realize what a good thing this is so I will push through.  12 weeks isn't that long anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Jacque! Your brother's pretty much the oldest one in all his classes too, but he still got into some study groups! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete