Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In Memoriam

It is still so new & all we see is the empty space, but that is not how it is in the landscape of the heart. There, there is no empty space & she still laughs & grapples with ideas & plans & nods wisely with each of us in turn. We are proud to have known her. We are proud to have called her friend.
- Brian Andreas
I found this when searching for a Story People print to hang in the house.  I have admired his work since my friend received a (different) print of his and hung it in her home.  Hers was about dealing with depression and it seemed to fit.  
 
I am considering getting this to honor my mom but I'm having issues with the wording.  First, I would prefer it to say Mom instead of friend at the end.  And second, while I like the text, I feel that there is something that would describe my Mom better.  It's not that I didn't think that she was wise or smart, but she was fun, and bright, and SO musical.  
 
I almost always have a difficult time finding the perfect thing to represent my feelings.  It's like I get something stuck in my head, even if it's just some feelings or words and I always have a hard time making it reality or finding the representation.
I wish I could remember the Bible reading we chose for her service.  I'm pretty sure it was the end of the Book of Isaiah but my stupid filter at work won't let me access anything that would confirm that.
 
I want to honor her in my home in some way but I really can't figure out how...

No comments:

Post a Comment