Friday, August 5, 2011

I Hate Work

I generally try hard not to say I hate things.  It's so absolute.  So instead I say I don't like them or I'm not pleased.  But I am so angry about my work. 

I also generally don't talk about my work, as I'm sure you've noticed.  I think it's not professional and a great way to get in trouble, if not fired.

But today, and for the last 2 weeks, I hate my job.

I hate everything about how they chose to deal with my mom's passing.  I hate that they only gave me one day of bereavement leave to "cope".  Seriously?!  Between actually dealing with it and planning a funeral and attending said funeral, one day does NOT cut it.  I hate that they told me to "take as much time as I needed" but then only paid me for one actual day.  How much sense does that make?

I hate that my boss made the decision to tell only the people that "needed to know" and have my card signed by only 16 people in a company of 130.  I don't work directly with all 130 but you can imagine the awkwardness of people not knowing and wondering where I was.  I hate that I had to explain.  

Call it selfish, but I also hate that someone else passed away (not a direct employee but someone we kind of knew) and there's a company wide e-mail sent out and a card in the break room.  A card that was hand delivered to multiple people and most didn't even actually know him.  

I hate that personal feelings come in to daily decisions about how the place is ran.  I hate that I'm second-guessed in my role here.  Either I can do it or I can't.  I hate that the boss' children are hired sans interviews and given titles like "Project Manager".  

I'm fully aware that I'm not in a great place right now, but none of this is helping lately.

But at least I'm able to vent here!

No comments:

Post a Comment