Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 17

Originally written 12/15:

Now that I'm staying home with Addy, there isn't much to report lately.  We try to fill our time every day with something that gets us out of the house.  Today I think we'll visit the dollar store to find some cheap cookie cutters so we can make those salt dough ornaments together and I'm going to try to make it to the gym to take the yoga class to stretch out.

I got in a small argument with the Ultrasound people because C's mom will be here after Christmas (19 weeks) and I really wanted her to be able to come to the U/S with us.  C is an only child and this may very well be our last pregnancy (we'll see...) so this is her chance.

They absolutely refused to see me until 20 weeks if I wanted to know the sex.  What?!  People can find out the sex at 16 weeks in some cases and really, what difference will 4 days make??  I scheduled the appt. for 19w 3d anyway.

How far along?:  17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  I've gained a little but I still think it's only about 3lbs.  They say you should only gain about 1/3 of the pregnancy weight in the first 20 weeks so that puts me in good shape so far.
The Bump:  Since it's winter, I think it's harder to tell with the bulky sweaters.  I think people wouldn't know most of the time if they don't know me.
What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  Seeing our peanut on the U/S screen!
Maternity Clothes:  I still haven't given in but soon.  I tried the BeBand yesterday but it seemed tight and a little uncomfortable, but I"m not used to it.
Symptoms: I really have no complaints, other than trouble sleeping.  I just can't find a good position!
Belly Button in or out?:  In. I don't see this changing.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Um, nothing of note.  We had Juicy Lucys over the weekend and holy grease buckets!  I had indegestion for 2 days thanks to those babies.
What I miss:  Sleeping through the night...
Milestones:  None really.  Just a few weeks from the Half-way point!

No comments:

Post a Comment