Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baby Sale

I've managed to find out about 2 different groups that do kids consignment sales in the Twin Cities and they have been LIFE SAVERS.  Or maybe I should call them Dollar Savers.

I don't think any sale will ever beat that first one.  I don't know if I was just excited but we had the best luck that sale.  We had recently visited a friend's house and they had this playhouse thing that Addy played with for over an hour one day.  If you have a kid, you know how significant that is.  But the house brand new is around $70-90!  So C & I made it our mission to find one at the baby sale.

We did!  I think we paid $25 for it.  SCORE!

C & I have since developed a strategy.  He takes Addy (usually in the backpack carrier) and looks at all the big toys, the strollers and the little toys.  I run off and do clothes and shoes.  Usually he'll finish first and come find me and then we'll take Addy out of the carrier and he'll let her explore the big toys again until I'm done.

There's another one this weekend near my work so C is picking Addy up from daycare and taking her home so that I can hit the sale on the way home.  Being by myself means I won't buy any new toys probably but I'll come home with winter clothes for Addy and they also carry maternity clothes (never hurts to be prepared).

For those of you with kids, the two organizations are: Munchkin Markets (MN only) and Just Between Friends (24 States). Hope this helps someone as much as it's helped us!

No comments:

Post a Comment