Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This Is A Test

We had our first test in class last night and I'm ashamed to say it didn't go as well as it could have.

The truth is that I really did study.  I spent hours going over notes and problems from HW assignments and in class examples.  I did neglect to open the book because I figured that whatever he wanted us to know, he would have covered in class.  I did lots of problems trying to get the repetition in my brain.  I didn't think I would get a 100% or anything but I felt prepared and ready and somewhere in the 80% range.

And then I actually took the test and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up in the 60% range, which is not a good start.  

See, this was supposed to be MY test.  This is the first one, and the easiest one.  This was supposed to set me up in a great way for the rest of the class.

So what happened?

Well, it's clear I should have done problems from the book.  I would have seen a broader range of problems preparing me for anything.  And apparently, he doesn't have to cover things in class that he is going to put on the test.  We had a topic in our notes (the hand outs we get) that he NEVER addressed in class.  So I didn't think it was important so I didn't study it.  WRONG.  It was the last question and I couldn't do it to save my life.  1 Question blank, 10 points lost.

There was another problem that I just couldn't ever get straight.  I mean, if I had devoted an hour to just that problem, then maybe.  But I just decided that he probably wouldn't ask that and if he did I would just be screwed.  Welp, I'm screwed.  Another 10 points gone.

So even if I did perfectly on the other 8 questions, I'm only at 80%.  And let's be real, there's now way I did that well.

So now I'm mad and frustrated both in myself AND in the class.  I am just so worried about this being a waste of money and time and I would hate for that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment