Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One of My Favorites

C & I have been missing each other a lot in the past few weeks due to my class, his conferences, baby sales, and he went to a Volunteer Firefighter info session one night too.  This means a lot of single parenting, which isn't all bad.  Sometimes it's nice to get Addy all to myself for a bit.

I think that C & I have our roles in place now.  He's the player and I'm the snuggler.  She comes to me to snuggle on the couch and read together and we watched Aladdin for a bit together the other night.  She goes to C to color or run around out back.

It's not to say that C doesn't snuggle her or I don't play with her but more often, this is how we bond with our daughter.

Anyway, last night I was Single Mom so I whipped together an easy and tasty meal for me and Addy and I thought I would share.  I seriously LOVE Meatloaf.  I don't know what it is but it is DELICIOUS to me.  But only homemade and with ketchup.  I typically won't order it when I'm out to eat but someone else's house?  I'm all over it.  My mom used to make the BEST meatloaf and we have never figured out her recipe.  I only know that it had oatmeal in it for binder.


This is not my mom's recipe, but it IS tasty!

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1/2 box of stuffing mix (I like the chicken or turkey flavor)
1 egg
1/4c warm water
1/4c ketchup
* you can add in onions or celery or whatever else you like but I usually stop here

Mix it all up and place in a muffin tin.  I get 9 meatloaf "muffins" per batch.  Top with ketchup if desired and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.

The thing I like about muffins is the portion size.  One is perfect for Addy, 2 for me, 3 for C.  Addy actually ate almost 2 whole muffins last night, she really liked the meatloaf!

I served this with salad and some mashed potatoes and Addy and I had a great dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment