Some easy ones to start.
Stromboli (made this for dinner the other night. Fast, easy, and tasty!)
- 1 loaf refrigerated French bread
- 1/4 lb salami (I used about 15-20 slices)
- 8 pieces provolone cheese (or your fav, mozz. would be good too)
- about 30 slices pepperoni
- Spices of your choosing (I used Garlic pepper, Ital spices, and a dash of Red Pepper flakes)
- Pizza sauce
This fed us for dinner with a salad. There was just enough left over for C's lunch.
Chopped Salad - I L.O.V.E. this salad but don't make it often enough...
- English (also called seedless) cucumber
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Basalmic Dressing
And lastly, a favorite in our house:
BBQ Chicken & Cornbread - A crockpot recipe
- 3-4 Chicken breasts (thighs will work too, they can be frozen if you forgot to take them out)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 red onion
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4c water
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread mix (or make your own)
- 1 can creamed corn
Place Chicken breasts in slow cooker and top with sweet potato & onion. Add bottle of BBQ sauce. Pour water into empty BBQ sauce bottle and swish around and pour into crock pot. Stir to ensure everything is coated with BBQ Sauce
Mix Jiffy cornbread according to instructions, adding 1 can creamed corn. Pour on top of Chicken/BBQ sauce mixture. DO NOT STIR.Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 3-4)
Optional add ins: Black Beans, cilantro, corn kernels
What's your favorite recipe?