Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Break

Lest you think all I ever do is talk, blog, and think about weddings, here's a current mishmash of everything else in my head.

I've got to find one more Christmas present for C since I'm still about $20 under the limit we set for eachother's gifts. I already bought him "Planet Earth" that show on the Discovery Channel narrated by Sigourney Weaver. He loves it and tries to trick me into watching it whenever it's on. Not only will he like to own it but he can actually use it for teaching. I also got him an OSU (Ohio State) windbreaker thing to wear which I think he'll like. He's OSU crazy, in fact our next child (be it a boy) will be named Owen Spencer U. It would be extremely sad but I really like the name!

He does need a new wallet but how boring and practical. I used to have a million ideas of what to get him and I'm getting stumped. He loves this one cookbook and loves cooking in general so I may try to find another cookbook for him.

Speaking of cooking, we got a wonderful Christmas present from my parents last night! They bought us a KitchenAid stand mixer!!! I'm so freaking excited to get this thing out of its box and put it to work! I think I may finally attempt to make my own cinnamon rolls!

Wow, I just went on our wedding registry to delete the mixer since my parents did not buy off our registry and someone has already bought us wedding presents! So I guess after we finally send out our STDs I'll be stalking our wedding registry to see what else has been purchased.

I was home sick for 2 days and did not get a single thing done other than sleep and lie on the couch. I did finish my book but other than that I was unproductive. I hate the fact that C won't kiss me when I'm sick. I understand the rationale but all I want is to be comforted and it sucks that he avoids me. I still don't know exactly what was wrong, some kind of stomach bug. I tried to get ready for work yesterday and had to exit the shower to avoid throwing up in it. Ugh.

I will mention one wedding thing but it's only half wedding and half family. I've been emailing a local photographer to set up an engagement/family shoot for ourselves. We had one shoot, kind of, but in every picture we are holding signs that say, "Save the Date", "May 21" and "Chicago". I want to make a photobook with some pictures of us to use as a guest book at the wedding. I think that engagement pictures always turn out really nice, but what do you do with them once the wedding is over? I mean, all your wedding pictures take over so I think it would be a great use of the engagement pictures.

I want to do a family shoot too because it's been over a year since we've done a professional one and Addy changes so much. This lady is kind of new but what I've seen of her work, I like. She's reasonably priced and I think we'll get some good stuff from her. As long as she lets us have all the images to make our book, I'll be happy. We're meeting with her in 2 weeks to talk about it and see if we like eachother and we'll go from there!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment