Wednesday, May 25, 2011


Let's back up a few days and I'll take you through the days leading up to the Big Day.

Wednesday I worked (well, "work" is questionable since I'm sure I was distracted all day) and we packed up the car and headed to St. Charles.  Addy was pretty good over the 7 hours (you stop more with a 2-year-old) and Thank God for portable DVD players.  She even slept for about 2 hours in the car before we got to the hotel.

We rolled in around midnight, brought in only the necessities and called it a night.

Addy woke us up around 7am and we had a leisurely start to our morning.  My parents had arrived on Wednesday as well so we saw them for breakfast and invited them to our venue that morning.

We arrived at Pheasant Run at 10am for our meeting with our coordinator there.  We dropped off the following supplied:
  • OOT Bags (HUGE hit)
  • Cookies
  • Photo Booth Props
  • Random decorations (L-O-V-E letters I hand painted, beads & masks, guest book, etc.)
  • Cake topper & special forks 
  • Table Numbers & Menus
It was so great to be rid of those things.  Mark took everything and told me not to worry one bit.  Then we sat down for "the talk".

We went over our final numbers and our BEO (Banquet Event Order) which addresses every single thing we've ordered for our event.  What rooms we're using, how many tables we need, linens, set up, meals, etc.  We walked through everything and then wrote the biggest check I've ever seen.

We talked about the weather and Mark revealed that he's got a couple buddies working the control tower of the local airport and he was keeping an eye on things for me.  He said he'd call them both Friday and Saturday and let me know how things looked.  He had reserved the room just in case but graciously said he wouldn't charge us if we didn't use it.  What a relief to know we had a back up plan and that money wouldn't go to waste just because the weather is unreliable.

After that, we jumped in the car and ran to the florist.  I dropped off our Flower Girl Basket which they filled with blooms and my grandmother's rosary for my bouquet.  I didn't get to see any flowers so I still had no idea what I was getting at that point!

We headed back to the hotel to figure out some lunch and then C left to pick up his parents at the airport while I convinced Addy to take a nap.  She didn't go down easy but she slept for 2 hours in the end which she needed.  I took a small nap myself and then worked on cards for my BMs and glued the seating chart down.

When C got back, he grabbed my dad and his dad and headed to the tux shop to pick up their formal wear.  Addy & I walked around and visited my mom.  After tuxes, my dad & I ran to the cleaners to drop off my dress to be pressed and then met everyone for dinner.

We had reserved a table for 8 at this tapas place which sounded fun.  My parents had met C's mom in the past but never his dad so we all had a Welcome Dinner together.  I think C was a little nervous but everything went really well and we had a great time.

Back to the hotel to get some rest so we could do more running the following day!

Note: we didn't have a working camera so I have no pictures leading up to the wedding.  I may find some on Facebook and steal them for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment