Friday, May 13, 2011

We Are Not Original

and I'm ok with that!

See, every single wedding idea I've had comes from something I saw or read about or heard about.  I can't think of a single element of our wedding that is original.

The cookie buffet
The sparklers
The robot cake toppers
Photobooth & mustaches
The test tube favors & Periodic Table of Seating

But you know what?  It will be a first for many of my guests and it will definitely be the first time all these elements have been at one wedding!


When you're planning a wedding, you get so immersed in wedding blogs and planning tips & sites that you forget everyone isn't also reading them.  That not everyone cares as much about weddings as you do.  And all the things you think are "So overdone" or "So Last Year", are probably either new, or not old school to your guests!


I used to worry about what my guests would think about our photobooth.  Because Every. Single. Wedding these days seems to have one and I didn't want them to be all, "Jeez you guys, come up with something new already".


BUT, none of the weddings I've been to have had props of any kind nor have the had a photobooth that's actually a backdrop studio set up.  I am actually very excited to see our guests using all the fake mustaches and hats and message boards (Note: buy dry erase board...) and I can't wait to see the results!


And as for the cookie buffet, well, who could complain about cookies.


* I had 2 posts yesterday and both of them were removed by the system for "safety".  I'm upset about it because one of them contained my vow and I can no longer see it!  If the vow post comes back, I would REALLY appreciate feedback on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment