Monday, May 9, 2011

I Need a Day

This is my own fault, you know.  I did this to myself.  And I continue to do it.

The thing about weddings is... there are a million endings to that.  My current on is, the thing about weddings is that you feel bad pawning off projects.  You think you should be able to do it all.  I mean, this is YOUR day, not any one else's so how can you ask them to do things?

I am happy because over the weekend I got both menus and programs off my list.  Of course, I wasted about $20 on vellum paper before realizing that it wasn't going to work.  That sucks.  But the programs and menus both look really nice in my humble opinion.

We also finished up Addy's outfit so that's also off the list.  I just need to figure out what to do with her hair and find that silly flower girl basket that we were gifted and have now lost in the mess that is "Wedding Crap".

But really, I should have planned a day in here somewhere so that I could spend the whole thing finishing up these projects.  Like the table numbers, and the Thank You sign and the cookies that I still have to bake and the bags for the hotel rooms.  Because as of right now, we are working until Wednesday, then jumping in the car and heading to Chicago with no downtime planned.  And I want these things to be completed by Wednesday because I have other things to do when we get there.

I can't be making table numbers at the hotel on Friday morning, though it's tempting as there will be more hands in one place to get them done...  It's not like they're hard, I just have to sit down and do them.  I definitely can't be baking cookies at the hotel so that HAS to get done.

If I ever do this again, not for myself but for a friend or a relative, I'll definitely plan one day where I take off work and dedicate it to GSD.  Getting sh*t done.

No comments:

Post a Comment