Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Answers

Whew!  Nothing like a pregnancy scare to get my viewer numbers up!  

And the answer is: I still don't know.  But I loved my doctor yesterday!  We took another blood sample and I'm waiting for the answer.  Even if that still doesn't show, she recommends I do another pee test in a week or so.  In the meantime, I'm supposed to act as if I were just to be safe.  Things still feel off.  Uterus feels like it's trying to commit mutiny and breasts ached yesterday again.

You're probably thinking, "Jacque, you've done this before, how could you not know?"  I didn't figure things out until about 6 weeks in last time so I had no clue what was going on.  I was also living in denial and I seriously don't remember how I felt those first couple weeks.  If I am actually pregnant, then I caught on only 6 days after the fact.  I can pinpoint when it happened.

So today I'm going to focus on other things until I get my answer.  Like a groom's cake.

C is a diehard Ohio State fan and even tried to convince me that our wedding colors should be scarlet and gray.  I said no, unless we were getting married in the fall and we eventually decided on shades of blue.  We even had some conversations about our cake topper including Brutus the Buckeye as the groom but couldn't figure out what to do with me since I don't' affiliate much with my college mascot or anything else that would be interesting.  


I finally decided that I'd like to surprise C with a groom's cake shaped like either the big block O or the "Horseshoe" which is their stadium.  See:
So I've been in contact with a local bakery to see what they can do for me and how much a cake might cost.  I'm just undecided at this point if we should have it at the rehearsal or at the actual reception for everyone to see.  I originally thought at the reception but it would be nice to have a cake at the rehearsal.


Also, I have to decide if I can sneak in a tasting or if I should just trust that the cake will taste good.  I do have a friend in Chicago so perhaps he could get there and do the tasting for me.  I would trust him to tell me if it was good or not.  If it's not that great then I may have to scratch the whole plan.  I'm hoping for a quote today so I can see if it's even within the realm of possibility.


Unless this cake would count as a gift, I also need to figure out what I'd like to give him the day of the wedding.  I originally wanted to give him cufflinks, but he wears cufflinks so infrequently that they're not really a great gift.  He just got a new watch, so that's out.  He doesn't really wear any other jewelry except a wedding ring so I can not give him any of that.  The only other ideas I've had are a boudoir shoot album of shots which I'd planned for our first anniversary or a PS3 system.


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment