Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dancin' Shoes

Enough about pregnancy and babies.  I am "giving it up to God" at this point.  There's nothing I can do and we will know in 4 days or so.  Until then, we move on to other topics.

Like shoes.  I am a girl and I love shoes.  Wedding shoes were particularly stressful for me because I wanted something fancy, but I also wanted to be able to walk after 10 hours.  And it's somewhat difficult to find blue satin shoes that are cute and affordable.  I think the image I'd had in my head has been a little blurry, but I was kind of picturing sling backs with a peep-toe and some embellishment.

For a long time I thought I wouldn't find anything and I considered scrapping the whole plan and just buying ivory or silver shoes.  But then I started to find options.  

The first pair I thought might work were these: 
These are actually my second choice.  They're $100 though and I can't rationally spend that much.  But I do like them and I'll try them if the first pair doesn't work out.


These I really like but the heel is much higher than I'm looking for.  These are also a back up choice only if my first 2 don't work out.
I like these but they're not the right blue and that bow looks really big.  Not really my style.
The winners!  I just kept coming back to these over and over again.  The heel is the right size (2 1/4") the blue is right, I love the slight detail on the toes.  I don't know why I put off actually buying these, they've been the ones since the beginning.

My shoes should arrive in the mail tomorrow and I'm excited to finally see them in person.  My dress fitting is tonight so I'm bummed I won't have them but I'll tell the lady what size heels I ordered and I'm sure it will be fine.

I'm excited to finally have a fitting for my dress tonight!  It will be so great to finally get that process started!  I'll let you know tomorrow how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment