Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting Crafty

In an effort to keep our wedding costs relatively low (and low means under $20K but I hate even thinking about that number and all the things we could do instead) I've decided to take on DIY projects and get my craft on.  The only issue is that I'm not really crafty, at all.

I've never really been a scrapbooker.  The closest I came was when I organized my pictures and cut out little squares of construction paper and wrote on them with a sharpie.  No stickers or frame thingys for this girl.  Pictures, construction paper.  That's how I roll.  Or craft.

My DIY projects include making tags for our favors that thank everyone for coming.  I envision a light blue tag with Ty printed on it and 5.21 underneath that.  Kind of an element thing again.  Then on the back I'd like to "define" the element.  "Thankuium is an element commonly found when large groups of people gather to celebrate and gratitude is felt.  Thankuium is not dependent on the number of people, but by amount of love.  It is especially abundant today."  And then have our names or something.

Another DIY project is to make menus and table numbers with vellum paper.  The menus should be simple, print out 2 menus on each sheet, cut in half, add ribbon.  But first, I have to figure out if there are different types of vellum and how to tie a pretty bow.  For the table numbers, I just want to print out "Table 2" on the vellum paper and wrap it around a pillar candle.  However, I'm not sure if I can use real candles in case they get hot & burn the paper.  So I may also have to buy battery operated tea lights.

Printing seems like it would be a no-brainer, but our printer is far from state-of-the-art.  So I may also end up printing at Kinko's.


DIY or DIKinko's?

No comments:

Post a Comment