Monday, January 24, 2011

The Dress

I could not shut my brain off over the weekend and all I could think about was, "If I'm pregnant then..."  Random thoughts included: how will I get through 2 bach. parties (mine and my cousin's) without telling anyone, will my dress still fit, what will people think/say, should we tell people we're already married, do I really care, etc.

This whole time I'd just been thinking that last time I was pregnant I didn't show until later in my pregnancy.  Like, I didn't seriously show until about 5-6 months.  Until then, it just looked like I'd gained some weight and should perhaps spend more time at the gym.  So I thought I would be ok but then I did the math.

IF I am then I will be 20 weeks at the wedding.  That's half-way.  There's really no hiding.  And as much as I've done a great job at gaining my figure back there's no denying that things got stretched out before so they're more easily stretched out this time.

And I thought that I might want to think about dresses that I can wear that are empire waistlines instead of my fitted gown.  I don't want to give up my dress though!  I searched a lot for that dress, I teared up when I had it on, it's the one!  Ugh.

I feel bad.  If I am then of course I will be excited.  Babies are wonderful gifts and we definitely want more.  But I can't help but be a little upset that the timing isn't what I wanted.

It will still be a beautiful wedding and I need to keep that in mind.  The other things are trivial and I need to let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment