Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ugh

This has turned out to be a couple of frustrating days for wedding planning.  But first I want to say thanks for the comments.  I didn't mean to come off all depressed and suicidal over a couple pictures.  I know that some of them turned out good, I was just hoping for a higher ratio of good to bad pictures.  Maybe someday I'll share a couple of the "bad" ones so you can see what I'm talking about.  I think I seriously look pregnant in one.  But C definitely likes them and that's really what matters.

Side note: he said he knew what I was up to the whole time so I apparently wasn't as sneaky as I thought.  He was very surprised that I managed to sneak out his shirt and tie without him knowing and I think some of the outfits surprised him too.

Anyway, I got an e-mail from the venue coordinator yesterday telling me that after some thought he's not sure that I can have the sparklers after all and by the way, strings of light stretching 75+ feet will be too heavy and bow and potentially cause issues and perhaps I should just think about stringing lights in the balcony railings but not hanging or strung across the room. 

Here's a picture of the ballroom:




Those "balconies" that you see along the side are on both sides but you can't stand on them, they're just for show.  Looking at that picture now I guess maybe they are lower than I thought.  I just, want my reception to be more than some hotel ballroom.

The only thing that is still keeping me happy is oddly the one thing I won't be attending, my cocktail hour on Bourbon Street.



I think that it looks really cool with the fake facades and street lamps and stuff.  And we'll have a strolling magician to keep people entertained during.  We'll have masks and beads available for people too and I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

There are things that I can't change about my wedding even if I wanted to and I need to come to terms with that.  It's still going to be a great party and who's really going to notice that there aren't any lights strung up besides me.

As for the sparklers, I'm going to fight that one.  They will make an appearance even if I have to fake an exit later in the night.  I'm doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment