Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To Do

While I tend to act like I've got this thing under control, there are a lot of loose ends that I need to tie up.  The big things are done (find somewhere to do it, get our major vendors booked, get us outfitted, etc.) there are a lot of little details that need to be done.

For instance: I have yet to even speak to a florist.  I have no idea what my flowers should look like, what a reasonable budget for flowers even is and who will be providing said flowers.  Having family help is out of the question since we'll be in unknown territory so I'll have to suck it up and pay someone to arrange and deliver flowers to me.  I barely even know what flowers I like or what's in bloom.  I'm somewhat prepared to be completely taken advantage of in this arena.

Another item is Addy.  I have no idea what she's going to wear, if she needs something for her hair, how she'll actually participate in the ceremony, etc.  I do know who's going to watch her the night of for us but other than that I have no clue.  Will she drive down with us 3 days before the wedding?  Should someone else do that for us?  Will she sleep with us up until our wedding day?  Where will she be while I'm getting ready?  Will she be able to walk down an aisle without completely losing it?  I don't know.

I have barely broached the idea of having people bake cookies for us.  I need to get on the ball there and start asking people to bake.  We have yet to figure out if we're even going to have Out of Town bags (OOT bags) let alone what should go in them.  Chicago stuff?  MN stuff?  A mix of both?  Water & Aspirin for sure.

And another one that I simply can't believe we haven't done, we've never tasted a cake!  What the?!  That's one that needs to be fixed ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment