Thursday, February 3, 2011

You Light Up My Life

After yesterday's post, I decided lighting should be on the Must Do list.  So I searched the web and finally found a solution.  28.5 foot long strings of 100 lights (not globe lights, but they'll do) that can be strung 3 long for $6 each.  My venue is 85 feet in length (28.5*3=85.5 Wow) so I can do 6 criss-cross lights for a mere $108.  I told C that I could do the lighting for less than $200 so I got the go ahead there.

My only issues now are how to power them and they don't recommend stringing more than 3 together so each string will have to be plugged in to it's own outlet.  Without being able to actually climb up on the balconies to see, I don't know if this is actually possible.  So now I need to e-mail our coordinator to find out.  He's been pretty accommodating though so he will probably try to make it work.

Other lighting elements I'm trying to include are the wrapped table numbers.  Something that looks a lot like this.  I'm pretty sure I can pull this off with minimal effort but I've never done it before.  I'd also like to line the stage in the ballroom with candles but I'm not sure that's safe since it's right next to the dance floor and that just doesn't seem like the best combination.  Though, I can always invest in battery operated tea lights and save myself some potential fires I suppose.

And hanging lanterns would also be beautiful but again, fire hazard not to mention head injuries.  

Maybe if we dumped the open bar I wouldn't have to worry about these things.  But then I would have to worry about people not showing up...  

PS.  Speaking of things showing up, I'm officially not pregnant.  For those who were dying to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment