Friday, April 29, 2011

A Gift for my Groom

You're probably thinking that I already got him a gift in the form of the boudoir shots but I already gave that to him and I want to give him something the day of the wedding.  I love those pictures of the bride & groom opening letters and seeing the emotion on their faces.

But what to get him?  Isn't it odd that he's my best friend, I see him every single day, we talk about everything and yet I still struggle with gifts for him?

One thing I came up with is artwork, but I'm not sure if I should save it for the First Anniversary, the paper one.  I think he would like this print: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62670990/5x7-4-ever-personalized-art-print but if you look at the color options, I just freeze up.  Our wedding colors are blues, so maybe the pool one?  Maybe the grey one so it will look good in any room?

I also like this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61102777/skyline-series-black-and-white-art-print and the first shot is the Chicago skyline.  I think it would be very cute and a throwback to our wedding.

The last idea I've come up with so far is this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/35475347/36-inch-cornhole-unique-designs in Ohio State colors.  He talks all the time about corn hole and I know he'd love this.  But I wouldn't be able to haul it to the wedding so he'd get a picture of it I guess?  And it's more pricey (not that I'm a cheapskate but I don't know what he's spending on me) so I don't know if it will fly.

I also toyed with getting him the engraved item (watch, cufflinks, pocket watch) but he already has a few watches and he doesn't wear a lot of shirts that require cufflinks.

What do you guys think?

Also, I wrote a post earlier today but it was way to snarky to post.  Suffice it to say that I'm not particularly happy with one of my brothers right now (and no, it's actually not THAT brother).

No comments:

Post a Comment