Thursday, April 14, 2011

I don't know

I don't know what to tell you guys today.  We got a particularly hard "No" response yesterday and it's been weighing on me.  I spent 20 mins talking to C about it last night and he reminded me that I'm not going to stop in the middle of the ceremony and count people or empty chairs.  And he pointed out that it will make the people that are there even that much more special to us.

I went to a bridal shop to look at headbands yesterday but the store only had one and it was $108.  That's a little more than I want to spend on a sparkly headband that I'll only wear once.

I bought our ring dishes today though and that's good.  I feel like there's so many things to do and I'm just not sure how to go about accomplishing them.  I'm starting to wonder if I should buy things instead of trying to make them because I'm running out of time.

I'm starting to get stressed.  All I can do is one thing at a time...

3 comments:

  1. :(

    I'm sorry about the "no." I wonder often how many of the definite "yes"s we are expecting will end up being surprise "no"s.

    This might be one of those times when I am offering up the most obvious solution to a problem, but have you checked etsy for a bridal headband? Thare are SO many shops dedicated to bridal accessories and hair flowers and headbands, and most are much more reasonable than $108! I just clicked weddings- accessories- and pulled up the first headband I saw, which is this one:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/52861708/ella-vintage-beaded-bridal-headband-or?ref=cat2_gallery_13

    and it's only $38!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess, that was sweet of you!

    I think I got caught up in trying to find one *exactly* like the one I almost had. It was just so perfect. I did find this one that I like: http://www.etsy.com/listing/72084201/jeweled-rhinestones-headband-tie-on-halo which is $68 but still closer to $50 than $100! I'll have to look at yours some more too cause it's cute... and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my gfs found her veil from Craigslist. I know its the interwebs and it can be a scary place, but she found a fantastic veil super cheap. Worth a try.

    ReplyDelete