Wednesday, April 27, 2011

We Interrupt Wedding Blogging

to bring you this.

After approximately 7 years (not sure exactly), Jacque U (G?  No, U) has bought a new hair straightener!

Bum, bum, bum...

I have abandoned ye ol' Helen of Troy and traded her in for a younger, sleeker, faster model.

I present to you, the Remington Frizz Therapy 1" Straightener a recipient of Good Housekeeping's VIP (Very Innovative Product) Award!

All news reports aside, I bought a new straightener yesterday and while I hate going online and seeing the reviews from people who have owned products for one day or used it one time, I'm making an exception.  I used it this morning and it cut my styling time by about 1/3, which is great!  My hair does seem to look better today and it did heat up crazy fast.

Helen of Troy served me well for a very long time but it was starting to crackle when ever I'd turn it on and the plates would snag my hair occasionally.  I told C that I was going to buy a new straightener with my tax/play money and I finally did!  HoT got wrapped up and put aside either "just in case" or for when Addy gets to be like 11 and wants to straighten her hair. 

I debated for a long time about which one I'd get and for a while I seriously leaned toward the CHI simply because I'd heard so many amazing things about it.  But then I thought about if I wanted to spend $100 on a hair torture device, really?  I don't remember how I found it but the Remington got great reviews and was less than 1/2 the price, something I could easily stomach.

The best part?  I still have about $75 left to play with!  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment