Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Addy

It's hard to believe that over the weekend my little girl turned 2.  How things have changed in the last 2 years!  Addy is amazing, her vocabulary is out of this world.  Every day she does or says something new, something that I never even knew she could!  The doctor confirmed yesterday that she is, indeed, a genius.  (He just said that she tested above all her milestones and that she was great but we all know what he really meant, he just didn't want to seem biased.)

Having a daughter kind of means having a built in flower girl.  However, at the tender age of 2 even I, her mother, can not predict how she will behave or act on the day.  I can't guarantee that she'll even walk down an aisle let alone smile while she's doing it.  

Our saving grace is our good friend from CA, Kelz.  Since Kelz is a MOH she's going to walk last or next to last (haven't picked the order yet) and we've decided to have her hold Addy's hand while she walks.  That, combined with Auntie Sarah, Uncle Adam, and Dada standing up front will hopefully encourage her to actually go and maybe even be happy about it.

Side note: my brother's fiancee asked if Addy would be the flower girl in their wedding in a few weeks and I told them the same thing, that she was probably too young to handle it but in a year we could definitely try.  I have to be honest, I am being a little selfish in that I want Addy to be the flower girl in my wedding first.  It's my right as her mother.  I can't explain it but if you were in my situation I'm sure you'd get it.  (Jessica?)

Addy will need to be outfitted just like the rest of us.  I made a decision to wait until after Easter when all the pretty dresses will be on clearance but that hasn't stopped me from eyeing them in the stores.  I never wanted her to be a mini-bride so the poofy white dresses are out.  

Here are some things I've been coveting:




This should be the blue & white polka dot one with the pink sash (my pictures don't show up at work because everything is blocked).  I think this is super cute and goes with our color scheme except for the pink.  But I'm wondering if I can have that switched out for a light blue one.




I think this one is super cute but I need to decide how important the color is to me.  Would it be such a big deal if she didn't match?





And shoes.  I love the little sandals but there's something so classic about the maryjanes.

And then we (I) have to decide what to do with her hair.  Most of the time I put it in pigtails for special events but I'm not sure.  I was toying with a fake flower wreath but I'm not sure she'll put up with it.  But her hair isn't very long and most of the time it's crazy with flyaways. 

The good thing about little kids is that they're pretty much cute no matter what so I'm not going to stress over this too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment