Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finally!

The invitations are leaving our house!  Last night C & I sat down and put stamps on every single one and they are currently in a bag in my car waiting for my lunch break when I'll run to the post office and get them on their way!  Considering I wanted to have them out like 2 weeks ago but we're still 7 weeks away, I guess I'll take it.

Invitations can finally be crossed off the list!


I have to admit that C & I are bad people and forgot to place stamps on all the RSVP cards so people will have to use their own stamps.  Oh well.  I'm not going to stress over it.

Also, men are horrible at putting stamps on things.  If you care at all about orientation and alignment do not ask your man to help you.  C was putting the Love stamps on upside down until I saw it and asked him not to.  He said that no one will notice but I think some people will.  This is the first hint of what our wedding will be!


Also, I can check rehearsal dinner off the list!  I booked the restaurant yesterday after my friend's good review.  The owner is very nice and I think this will work!  We're not going to do invitations for the rehearsal dinner, everyone pretty much knows they need to show up and I'll hand out maps once things get started.  The final decision for the RD is the bar tab.  We have options that include: 2 drinks/person, a set amount at the bar (once the tab reaches the set amount switch to cash bar), a cash bar, or we could trust that people aren't really alcoholics and just open it for the night.  I'm thinking we'll probably end up with a set amount at the bar and cash after.

I also told the florist I want to book them so I just need to send back the contract and deposit and we're all set there!


It feels really good to be making progress again!

There are no events this weekend so I'm hoping to make some cookies and freeze them or at least make the dough and freeze that.  Then next weekend is my bachelorette party in Chicago!  While I am not looking forward to the drive, I am SO looking forward to the party.

Skin care update: not great.  Still breaking out all over and looking rashy on my chest.  I can feel all kinds of little bumps along my cheek and jaw line, even though C swears you can't really see them especially when I have make up on.  I have less than a week of this routine before I consult with the doctor again.  I think if nothing is solved by the end of April that I may just use Proactiv up to the wedding because even with the dryness it made things better.  Not perfect, but better than where we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment