Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So Much To Do!

This weekend starts the whirlwind that doesn't stop until May 22nd.  We're off to Chicago this weekend to finalize plans.  Then it's C's bachelor party then my cousin's shower, then her bach. party, then my bach. party weekend, then my shower, then Easter followed by my cousin's wedding.  Then we have 2 weeks of no plans, but it's 2 weeks before the wedding so you know we'll be going nuts.

Speaking of, C asked yesterday if he could go to another friend's bachelor party.  I was cool with it until he told me it's taking place the weekend before our wedding.  I didn't say no, but I didn't say yes.  That just doesn't seem like a good plan to me.

I finally got back to the local photographer to set up an engagement/family shoot.  So we're trying to cram that in as well.

I think I'll feel much better after this weekend, after we meet the DOC and we talk to the venue guy.  I think it will ease my mind a lot to have those things settled.

Oh yeah, and then my brother's wedding in a few weeks which grates my nerves every single time I hear about it.  I hate to be mean but this is my blog and I can let it out here.  They decided to get married on a Wednesday evening on the complete opposite side of town and we're all supposed to be there at 5pm (rush hour) for a mini-rehearsal before the actual ceremony.  And then we won't actually eat anything until 7:30pm.

I keep trying to be Zen about it.  I keep reminding myself that I am asking people to travel and spend money on hotels and gas and whatever.  But, I'm giving way more than 6 weeks notice and mine is on a Saturday!

I guess I just hate that this is happening at a time when I'm already stressed out about my own wedding.  I wish that they had maybe decided to wait a bit, like maybe into June instead of only 6 weeks from now.  I wish I could be selfish and focus on my wedding and the things I need to do for that instead of adding more things to the list.

And most of all, I wish I could just let it all go.

No comments:

Post a Comment