Friday, March 25, 2011

In Your Dreams

I had another wedding dream last night.  I wouldn't call it a nightmare because it wasn't bad per se, just not the way I planned.

It was the day of the wedding and the ceremony was over and it was time to party.  I suddenly realized that there were hardly any people there (like maybe 30) and I didn't know where everyone was.  I finally realized that I'd never gotten the invitations out so the only people that were there were the ones who had to be (members of the party and parents) and people who had heard where to be when.

So we headed to our "reception" which was some tables in a school auditorium because we figured since our party was so small that we didn't need the whole big ballroom.  Then I was dancing with Corey and told him that we should head to Pheasant Run because even if we only had 30 people, we were still paying for the reception.  So we showed up to our reception a few hours late with our guests in tow.

Weird.  I guess the invitations are weighing on me.  I need to get them out the door!


The venue coordinator told me yesterday that I can't have paper lanterns so really, any special lighting is out of the question.  I understand because he said he'd have to use a lift to get the lanterns up on the ceiling and that it was too hard.  But I'm disappointed.  I'm back to having a stupid room with nothing special about it.


I found my dream wedding shoes yesterday but I already bought my wedding shoes.  Sigh.  Originally, I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted, just some navy slingback (I really like slingback shoes, not sure why) with a medium heel (less than 3") and a slight embellishment.  But I never found them for an affordable price.

  I found these, but they were over $100 and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on shoes that weren't perfect.

Well, yesterday I found these:



These are what I wanted!  But they weren't around when I started looking for shoes so I settled for my other shoes.  Which are fine, don't get me wrong.  But I like these so much!

In other news, I switched facial washes and I'm already feeling a little better.  It's a 2% salicylic acid wash (Neutrogena Oil-Free) followed by Clindagel in the evenings, and then the same wash followed by a moisturizer with 0.5% sal. acid in the morning.  I'm trying it for 2 weeks and then we'll talk to the dr. again.  Keeping my fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment