Monday, March 14, 2011

Mish-Mash

Our trip was full of mostly goods!  We met with 2 different florists, met our coordinators, saw the pavilion again, met with the venue coordinator and got a bunch of questions answered, and checked out a bunch of rehearsal dinner locations.  We've narrowed it down to 3 places but I've got some phone calls to make before we officially have a place.

We were supposed to meet with our photographer on the way home but something unavoidable came up for her and we didn't meet.  I'm not upset at all, we'll make it up another time.

As for the rest of our trip, I feel good.  Every time we visit our venue, Mark (our coordinator there) makes me feel better.  We reviewed linen choices, menu choices, asked tons of questions, picked our centerpieces, etc.  I love knowing that he's got it under control and between him and the coordinators we've hired, I can (almost) relax.

Our coordinators are really nice and I'm sure they'll pull through for us on the day.  They are a husband and wife team and they pretty much just took tons of notes while we all talked.  But I need to remember that C & I already made a ton of the decisions and they weren't involved so there wasn't a lot of new things to discuss.

With the florists, both are great options.  Both know my budget and have no issues with it, both seem like they will provide beautiful flower bouquets for me, using the flowers I indicated I wanted.  I almost wish I could use them both.

One is very organized and I know her bouquet will be a work of art.  It will be a little more structured and symmetrical I think.  The other will provide me with something more loose and romantic and "garden-y", but it will still be beautiful.  I just need to decide which direction I want to go!

On the bad side of things, I am having a skin care FAIL.  That wash my dr prescribed me is doing the opposite of working.  My skin is worse now than it ever was and my chest looks like I have chicken pox!  Holy rash, batman!  The stupid part is that I called my dr. to talk about it because I don't know if this is an adjustment period that I have to work through (it's only been 2 weeks) or if this is really bad and she was out of the office until today.  I wasn't sure what to do so I kept using it.  All I know is that I would rather go back to proactiv because that did not make me look like a teenager in the throes of puberty.  Over the weekend I decided I'd had enough (when looking at my chest almost brought me to tears) and bought an Aveeno cleanser until I could actually talk to the dr.  Nothing is better but I'm just hoping I'm not irritating my skin any further.  Sheesh!

And finally, I'm wearing my engagement ring again.  I quit wearing it for about 2 months for various reasons (too loose, wanted to keep it nice until May, I have my wedding ring from our civil ceremony, etc.) but C got it sized for me last week and I decided it was stupid to have it in a box until May.  So back on my finger it goes!  It's SO pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment